Eco-friendly Boat Cleaning
We can all help to keep harmful chemical cleansers out of Kootenay Lake by cleaning our boats with eco-friendly options, not only are these household mixtures environmentally friendly but they do a great job of cleaning your boat and are easy on your pocket book too!
- Mix baking soda and salt in some water to clean fibreglass.
- Clean your decks with one part vinegar to 8 parts water.
- Clean aluminum with 1 tbsp cream of tartar mixed with one litre water.
- Clean brass with a solution of Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and salt.
- Clean chrome with a mixture of vinegar and salt.
- Copper cleans with a mixture of lemon juice and salt.
- Clean clear plastic and windows with one part vinegar and two parts water.